I've come to realize today that I have lost interest in FFXI.
- Its to f***n hard to get anything done with out begging for help from others
- LS mates are always off line because of a severe time difference
- Fishing spots are always cluttered with BOTs, rendering my 100 Fishing & Ebisu virtually useless
- Crafting is too saturated with high levels
- People are still ignorant about PUP and BST and would not invite me for anything
- Magic bursting died a long time ago and I am often forced to solo or manaburn
- Gf would rather chocobo dig and help other people than do things I enjoy
- Endgame is mindless work 95% of the time and demands you to invest so much hard work and trust on linkshells that can dissipate or abandon you at the blink of an eye
- Lots of critical issues in the game that SE only chooses to address little by little just to barely keep the interest (and money) of loyal players
Today, I logged on after taking a very very long break, excited about the new updates. LS mates are just about to log off to sleep, so I can't play with them. I go fishing at SSG and find a cluster of lv1 fishing bots to my dismay. I checked FFXIAH to see how fishing is doing and discover that it's not worth it anyway. I decide to leave and just skill up my puppet to test out the new weaponskills. I try getting an exp party/building a skillup party for 5 hours, no one is interested. I could have spent that time hanging out with friends, or playing Okami or Dragon Quest. Gf was busy crafting, and later tonight she would be busy digging as usual.
This isn't a game for me anymore, it has turned into a boring job where I have to scrape out a living to be able to achieve short periods of hard-earned enjoyment every now and then, if I'm lucky.
4,176 unique visits as of now... I never expected so many people would be interested with the blog. Thank you all for the support. I'm frustrated and terribly sorry that I no longer have the motivation to finish the set of paintings for this blog. I wanted to finish at least all the paintings from the temple... I wish you all loyal FFXI players luck with your endeavors in the game, and in real life.